Personal tools

Workers' Compensation Leave of Absence

To be eligible for an extended workers' compensation medical leave of absence, an employee must have worked for APS a minimum of one (1) contract year just prior to the leave start date. 

APS provides medical treatment for employees for work-related injuries and indemnity pay for lost time in accordance with State Law.

Non-Life-Threatening Injuries

To report a work-related injury:

  • Notify your supervisor and call the Injury Hot-Line at 830-8466
  • Submit a completed New Mexico Workers' Compensation Administration Notice of Accident form to your supervisor within fifteen (15) days of the accident or injury.

Life-Threatening Emergencies

For life-threatening emergencies, call 911 or seek treatment at the nearest hospital/emergency facility.