Resources for parents, military families, newcomers and more.
Your child may have told you recently that he or she took the DBA at school. And you may be wondering, what is a DBA? Who takes it? How often? And, most importantly, why? More about District Benchmark Assessments >>
Check out abqsafeschools.org, where you'll find answers to questions like, "“What is bullying?”; “How does it impact children?” and “What can parents do to intervene in a bullying situation?”.
New to Town?
Visit our newcomers page, where you'll find information about Albuquerque.
Welcome to military families!
Are you moving to Albuquerque with the military? Please call (505) 855-9040 for special help with enrollment, transfers, and other issues.
Volunteer at APS
Parents are a kid's first and most important teachers. Did you know? Parent involvement is closely linked to academic achievement and self-confidence.
Service Center /
Parent Help Line
For questions about anything that affects your child
Board of Education
Charter School Information
Student Transportation Services
Stay connected with APS by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. Each week, we'll email you with information and news that is important to parents. You can rely on APS News for the latest news about your school calendar, district policies, and the great work your teachers and students are doing in APS.
- Find a school — List of schools
- 2011-2012 Student Behavior Handbook
- Summer school
- School supply lists
- District and school report cards
- Lockdown and Shelter-in-place
- Free and reduced meals
Enroll & Transfer
Whom to Contact for What
Contact your child's teacher for:
- Questions or concerns about grades
- Classroom happenings and incidents
- Bullying in the classroom
Contact your child's principal for:
- When you can't talk to the teacher
- Parking lot drop-off questions
- Playground questions
Contact your child's counselor for:
- Friendship and relationship questions
- Information on getting free school supplies
Contact your child's activities director or athletic director for:
- Student club questions, including sponsorship or coaching
- Student eligibility for extracurricular activities
Contact Student Transportation Services for:
- Bus stop questions
- Bus service information
Contact Food and Nutrition Services for:
- Lunch menus
- Free and reduced-price lunches
- Ingredients lists
Contact your School Nurse for:
- Immunization requirements for school attendance
- Medications at school
- Help with health referrals
Contact with Other Questions and Issues:
- Superintendent Winston Brooks
- The Board of Education
- Service Center
- Department Listing — Search for Staff