News for Parents
April 16, 2014 - Highland High French classes, inspired by a Ted Talk, create a wall where students complete the sentence: "Before I die I want to..."
April 16, 2014 - Health and social science professionals spend a day at the high school where they share insight into their careers and future job opportunities.
April 15, 2014 - Congratulations to Lindsey Parcell, an eighth grader at Eisenhower Middle School, for being named the Student of the Week by the New Mexico Educators Federal Credit Union and the APS Education Foundation!
Featured VideoManzano Mesa's Homework Diner
Watch this national story by NBC News' Chelsea Clinton on the APS elementary school's successful family program.
New to Town?
Visit our newcomers page, where you'll find information about Albuquerque.
Welcome to military families!
Are you moving to Albuquerque with the military? Please call (505) 855-9040 for special help with enrollment, transfers, and other issues.
Volunteer at APS
Parents are a kid's first and most important teachers. Did you know? Parent involvement is closely linked to academic achievement and self-confidence.
- Find a school — List of schools
- Student Rules
- Summer school
- School supply lists
- District and school report cards
- Lockdown and Shelter-in-place
- Free and reduced meals
Enroll & Transfer
Who to Call
For questions about anything that affects your child
Board of Education
Student Transportation Services
Charter School Information
Contact your child's teacher for:
- Questions or concerns about grades
- Classroom happenings and incidents
- Bullying in the classroom
Contact your child's principal for:
- When you can't talk to the teacher
- Parking lot drop-off questions
- Playground questions
Contact your child's counselor for:
- Friendship and relationship questions
- Information on getting free school supplies
Contact your child's activities director or athletic director for:
- Student club questions, including sponsorship or coaching
- Student eligibility for extracurricular activities
Contact Student Transportation Services for:
- Bus stop questions
- Bus service information
Contact Food and Nutrition Services for:
- Lunch menus
- Free and reduced-price lunches
- Ingredients lists
Contact your School Nurse for:
- Immunization requirements for school attendance
- Medications at school
- Help with health referrals