News for Parents
December 10, 2013 - Donations can be dropped off from 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Dec. 16-24 at the APS administration building, 6400 Uptown Blvd. NE. Monetary donations can be sent to the APS Education Foundation.
December 10, 2013 - Here are a few examples of how our students and schools are reaching out to the community. Let us know what your school is doing this holiday season.
December 10, 2013 - Proceeds from the sale of the home built by RayLee Homes: A New Generation will benefit students, teachers and classrooms through the APS Education Foundation's Horizon Awards.
New to Town?
Visit our newcomers page, where you'll find information about Albuquerque.
Welcome to military families!
Are you moving to Albuquerque with the military? Please call (505) 855-9040 for special help with enrollment, transfers, and other issues.
Volunteer at APS
Parents are a kid's first and most important teachers. Did you know? Parent involvement is closely linked to academic achievement and self-confidence.
- Find a school — List of schools
- Student Rules
- Summer school
- School supply lists
- District and school report cards
- Lockdown and Shelter-in-place
- Free and reduced meals
Enroll & Transfer
Who to Call
For questions about anything that affects your child
Board of Education
Student Transportation Services
Charter School Information
Contact your child's teacher for:
- Questions or concerns about grades
- Classroom happenings and incidents
- Bullying in the classroom
Contact your child's principal for:
- When you can't talk to the teacher
- Parking lot drop-off questions
- Playground questions
Contact your child's counselor for:
- Friendship and relationship questions
- Information on getting free school supplies
Contact your child's activities director or athletic director for:
- Student club questions, including sponsorship or coaching
- Student eligibility for extracurricular activities
Contact Student Transportation Services for:
- Bus stop questions
- Bus service information
Contact Food and Nutrition Services for:
- Lunch menus
- Free and reduced-price lunches
- Ingredients lists
Contact your School Nurse for:
- Immunization requirements for school attendance
- Medications at school
- Help with health referrals