Personal tools


Learn how to submit a transfer request to switch schools. Students who are new to the district, previously enrolled, or currently enrolled need an APS ID Number to apply for a transfer.

About Transfers

For Students Who Dis-enrolled

Students who had approved transfers for school year 2021-2022 and dis-enrolled from the transfer school to attend the one of the schools listed below, will be allowed to go back to the transfer school for 2021-2022 – at any time during the school year:

  • eCADEMY K8 Magnet or eCADEMY Magnet High School
  • a charter school or school in a New Mexico school district
  • a private school or home school

For Students Applying For A Transfer

Families who would like for their child to attend an APS school outside of their neighborhood in 2022-2023 may apply online for a transfer beginning January 1, or in-person beginning January 3.

Apply Online

The Transfer Request Form is currently unavailable. To request a transfer please contact the  Student Service Center at (505) 855-9040 or (505) 855-9050

Apply In Person

You are also welcome to submit your application in person at City Center: 6400 Uptown Blvd. NE, Suite 100 West.

About Student ID Numbers

To apply for a transfer, you must have an APS ID Number.

  • New students who need to request a transfer must have a Student ID Number. Please read the directions for new students.
  • Currently or previously enrolled students who don't know their Student ID Number may contact their school or check any of their official school documentation (e.g., IEP's, Report Cards, or Progress Reports).

Remember: Use Your Legal Name

When applying for a transfer, remember to use your legal name and not a nickname. Parent and student names must match the information that is in the APS student information system (e.g., birth certificate, medical information, etc.)

Need Help?

If you have any questions or need assistance with the transfer process email us at or call the Student Service Center at (505) 855-9040 or (505) 855-9050.

Additional information is available online: Transfer FAQs.