Personal tools

Vendor Requests

Instructions for setting up a new vendor, changing an existing vendor, or reactivating an inactive vendor. Download vendor forms.

New Vendor Setup

To request a brand new vendor number for an entity not currently in Lawson, start by downloading and completing the Vendor Number Request Checklist Form (PDF).

New Requirement For Vendor Requests

  • Vendor requests must now include vendor's New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax Certificate (CRS-1) and Business License. 
  • Vendor requests must now include a proposal or quote from the vendor.

Change to an Existing Vendor

Send the change request (name, address, contact information, or addition of a new remittance or location address), including vendor number, to  with the following documentation:

  • Change of vendor's name, address, or Tax ID Number: New IRS Form W-9 required
  • Change of vendor's contact person's name, email, phone number, fax number or email address: Include details on changes in the email. Usually, nothing further will be required but any exceptions will be communicated to you.
  • Addition of new address: A copy of an invoice or other communication from the vendor stating address is required. Due to heightened payment fraud attempts across the state, a verbal verification of the new address will be performed which may cause a delay until the vendor can be reached.

Reactivating an Inactive Vendor

Reactivation of inactive vendors will be treated as brand new vendor number requests. Start by downloading and completing the Vendor Number Request Checklist (PDF).

Other Vendor Forms

Inflatables Vendors

For the purpose of rentals of inflatables, the following is a list of APS Vendors that are registered with the New Mexico Regulation & Licensing Department as required by the Carnival Ride Insurance Program. These are the only APS vendors as of this date from which inflatables may be rented:

Vendor Alert: Please be aware that Party Professionals LLC dba ABC Jumpers is not an approved APS vendor, nor are they in compliance with the Carnival Ride Insurance Program.

Vendor No.Vendor NameVendor Phone No.
34755 Amazing Jumps LLC (505) 980-4579
36701 Loco Jumps Inc, aka Loco Fun Jumps (505) 792-6620
40902 Vendmatt LLC, aka Jump4Fun (505) 991-6608

To rent inflatables from a company that is not an APS vendor, please follow the usual process above for requesting new vendor numbers.

Even if a non-APS organization (INCLUDING PTA/PTO/ETC) is sponsoring/funding an event on an APS campus where inflatables will be present, the requirement that a company is registered with the New Mexico Regulation & Licensing Department still applies.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is responsible for each step of the process?

Please see the chart below for specific responsibilities:

School or Department Admin or Bookkeeper
  • Obtains the Vendor's IRS Form W-9 and any additional documents when required.
  • Completes the Vendor Number Request Checklist
  • Submits the Vendor Number Request Checklist, W-9, and any additional required documents to . Email to any other person, fax, interoffice mail, US Postal Service mail, and hand delivery will no longer be accepted. Note: Since all vendor processing is done at the request of an APS school or department ONLY,  will only accept emails from "" email addresses.
  • Follows up with the vendor regarding their payment. Vendors/teachers calling about their payments or with vendor setup questions will be directed back to the admin or bookkeeper at the school or department requesting the vendor.
  • Submits the IRS Form W-9 (dated within the last 12 months), the current Applicant Vendor Questionnaire (for goods or services vendors only) and any additional required business documents to the Albuquerque Public Schools department or school they are working with. New vendors are only considered at the request of an APS school/department.
Vendor Approval Committee

All requests are approved or declined at the complete and sole discretion of the Vendor Approval Committee.

  • Meets weekly to consider all vendor requests
  • Issues new vendor numbers as appropriate
  • Changes/reactivates existing vendors as appropriate
  • Verifies vendors' Taxpayer ID Number, City Business License and State Gross Receipts Tax Certificate, when required

What if I submit my vendor request on an old form, or via interoffice mail or hand delivery?

We update our vendor process and forms each year on July 1 to streamline and improve the process and comply with new IRS requirements. Please always be sure to visit this site for the current forms for each new vendor request, and do not download and save the blank form to your computer.

Additionally, due to our migration towards paperless vendor records, we only accept vendor requests emailed to . Any requests hand delivered or received in interoffice mail will be returned to the requester for resubmittal to .

What if I'm an entity who wants to do business with APS and request my own vendor number?

New vendors are only considered at the request of an APS school/location. Requests are not accepted directly from applicant vendors. If you are a contractor/business interested in receiving notification of requests for bids, please visit the procurement website.

After I submit a vendor request, how long will it take until I receive a vendor number?

All vendor requests received will be considered by the vendor committee on a timely basis and, if approved, will be issued a vendor number as soon as possible, subject to staff availability.

If the vendor committee has questions about your request or denies your request, you will be contacted by email as soon as possible. If you submit a request and do not hear back within a week, please email .

Important! Please plan your activities and purchases accordingly and provide enough time for vendor number(s) to be issued. There is no guarantee that emergencies can be accommodated.

Can an employee or recent retiree have a vendor number?

APS does not, under any circumstances, issue a vendor number to an individual who is a former APS employee within one year of that individual’s termination of employment. Vendor Number requests for former employees will be considered by the vendor committee only after the individual’s one-year lapse of APS employment.

Additionally, APS does not issue a vendor number to an individual who is a current APS employee, except for reimbursement purposes.  Any other type of payment through the Accounts Payable system will be disallowed. Payments for services provided by current employees should be submitted to payroll on a miscellaneous time sheet.

What is required if an individual is requesting reimbursement related to district-authorized travel?

All new vendor number requests for reimbursements of travel costs to individuals, including employees and non-employees, must state the TAN (Travel Authorization Number) on the Vendor Number Request Checklist.

Why should I make sure that an entity has a vendor number before allowing them to provide goods or services?

For APS to receive goods and/or services prior to having an approved purchase order is in violation of the New Mexico Procurement Code, Section 13-1-28 through Section 13-1-199, NM SA 1978, and could constitute a possible audit finding. A vendor number is the first step in obtaining an approved purchase order.

What if my question was not answered here, or I'm in need of more information?

Please email with questions or for additional information.