Personal tools

Insurance Requirements

Learn about insurance requirements for APS facilities used by outside organizations.

All outside organizations seeking to rent Albuquerque Public School facilities are required to provide insurance coverage. A certificate of insurance is to be submitted with the request to rent the facilities and insurance coverage must be up to date. The certificate of insurance should be issued on an ACCORD Form 25 or comparable form.

  • Proof of liability insurance from all groups required to carry it in the form of an insurance industry certificate of insurance to protect Albuquerque Public Schools and any employees or representatives of Albuquerque Public Schools who will be conducting or assisting in or participating in the group’s activities in Albuquerque Public Schools facilities in an official capacity.
  • The certificate of insurance shall show the building user liability insurance policy limits in an amount of not less than $1,000,000.
  • Certificates of insurance shall include the name of the insurance company, name and address of the insured, type of policy, policy period, the insurer’s A.M. Best rating, the policy’s coverage trigger (occurrence or claims made), a description of the activity and the date(s) of the activity.
  • The Certificate of Insurance indemnify/endorsement that names Albuquerque Public Schools as an additional insured to the building users insurance policy listed as follows:
    Albuquerque Municipal School District No. 12, Counties of Bernalillo and Sandoval, NM; it's agents, employees and elected officials are additional insured. PO Box 25704, Albuquerque, NM, 87125
  • Individual Camper’s Medical Insurance shall be required for all camps when a certificate of liability is not required.  Groups prioritized in Categories 5 and 6 shall be required to carry liability insurance, as stated in above.

Special Applications

Insurance Options