Skip to main content

Personal tools


ADA Employee Request for Accommodations

ADA Employee Request for Accommodation

If you are interested in ADA accommodation, submit the ADA Employee Request for Accommodation form. 

  • You must include your full name, job title, e-number, contact information, school or other APS location where you work, and your immediate supervisor's name.
  • You must also attach a medical certification from your treating physician that clearly identifies the high risk condition.

Step 1:
Submit Your Request for Accommodations

ADA Employee
Request for
Accommodation Form

  • Fill out and submit the ADA Employee Request for Accommodation Form online.
  • Who receives my request? Your request will be submitted directly to APS at .
  • Will I receive a copy of my request? You will receive a confirmation email of your submission at the email address supplied in the form. Included in the confirmation email is a copy of your submission, and a link to the Medical Release Form.

Step 2:
Complete the Medical Release Form

Medical Release and
Authorization Form (PDF)

  1. Download and save the PDF file to your computer before filling out.
  2. Fill out the PDF file by clicking on a text field, and typing your information into the box.
  3. Print and then sign the Medical Release Form. By typing your name into the form as your signature, you are agreeing to the terms in the Authorization form.
  4. Mail the completed form to: APS, Risk Management Department, PO Box 25704, Albuquerque, NM 87125.

About ADA Accommodations

The Albuquerque Public Schools does not discriminate in the terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s disability. It is prerogative of the employer however, to determine an employee’s assignment and location. Accessibility may be taken into account in determining an individual’s assignment and/or location.

“Reasonable accommodation” for employees may include, but not limited to, the following where such would not impose an undue hardship:

  1. providing physically accessible facilities needed by employees;
  2. Restructuring jobs;
  3. Acquiring or modifying equipment or devices;
  4. Providing assistance for certain non-essential job functions;

Employee grievances regarding disability issues are to be filed in writing, including the specific facts of the grievance and the alleged discriminatory act, with the Section 504Compliance Officer/Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator. Concerns that cannot be resolved informally will be addressed through an informal hearing conducted by the Superintendent’s designee. A grievant may appeal the outcome of that hearing to the Superintendent.  At any time, a complaint may also be filed with the Office for Civil Rights or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission without reprisal by the Board or any of its employees or agents.

Any questions concerning employee disability issues should be addressed to the employee’s site administrator or the District Compliance Office/Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator (505) 855-9852.

This page was last updated on: November 20, 2020.