School libraries help children develop information literacy skills, provide them with equitable access to books and electronic resources, help raise test scores, and encourage lifelong love of reading.
Map to Library Services
Click on the PDF below to get directions for finding the Oak St. Library Services office during the Lead/Coal construction project.
APS Library Services supports the collection, management, and use of library resources in 137 school libraries and five district libraries.
Library Services offers technical and professional support to school librarians in a wide variety of ways.
- Professional development at large in-services, small training sessions, and one-on-one site visits.
- Technical support for our centrally administrated , the portal to library books, e-books, and research databases.
- Acquisitions, processing, and cataloging support for school libraries.
- Access to high-quality online information for APS students and teachers.
- Procedures, best-practice guides, and how-to sheets to help with common school library situations.
- Help with inventories and other projects.