Personal tools

Program Eligibility

The APS Indian Education Department receives federal funding from Title IV, Johnson O' Malley, and Title VII. Parents of eligible students need to complete a 506 Form and/or submit Certificate of Indian Blood to receive services.

Student working on a craft

Funding Sources

The APS Indian Education Department receives federal funding to provide services to eligible AI/AN students in grades K-12. These funds include Johnson O'Malley (JOM), Title VI, and Title VII. Eligibility is based on federal requirements (Forms 506 and Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB).

Eligibility Requirements

Title VI 506 Form – Required

Title VI 506 Form is required by U.S. Department of Education and must be completely filled out by the student’s parent/guardian. The form may be obtained at the school, Indian Education Department, and/or the website. Submit the form to your child’s school or to the Indian Education Department.

Johnson O'Malley - Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB)

Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) is required by the U.S. Department of the Interior as part of the Johnson O'Malley Program. The CIBs are processed and certified by each tribal office to which the student and family belong. The Johnson O'Malley Program was started in 1934 to provide operational funding to schools. The intent is to provide special services to “meet the unique specialized needs of Native American children attending public schools”. Visit the National Johnson-O'Malley Association for more information.

Title VII / Impact Aid - Residence Address Needed

Students who reside on federal lands in 11 Native communities within a 50-mile radius from Albuquerque are verified on the Source Check by the tribal official of each community. Please report your child’s correct residence address.