Student Transportation Services
We transport more than 41,000 students to and from school every day during the school year.
Who to Call
Is your child's bus late? Do you have concerns about your child's safety? Questions or complaints about service? Call the APS Student Transportation Office at 880-3989.
During peak times, the office receives a high volume of calls. If your call is not answered, you may call APS Police at 243-7712.
You should know your child's bus number as well as the school he or she attends and the stop location.
Who Can Ride the Bus?
APS provides bus transportation to:
- High school students whose home address is 2 or more miles from school
- Middle school students whose home address is 1.5 miles or more from school
- Elementary school students whose home address is 1 mile or more from school
APS DOES NOT provide school bus transportation to transfer students.
Albuquerque Public Schools, students and parents all bear the responsibility of ensuring that bus transportation to and from school remains safe. Working together, recognizing and understanding each other's responsibilities will help the district and families keep the system running smoothly. Student safety comes first.
- Student, Parent & District Responsibility
- School Bus Rules
- Student Eligibility
- Bus Route Information for Parents
- Student Transportation Handbook
- Bus Contractors
- E-Link for School Bus Contractors
- Bus Stop Change Request Form