Nursing Services Department
School Nurses recognize the connection between health and learning and are committed to improving student health throughout the district.
6400 Uptown Blvd. NE
Suite 385 West
Albuquerque 87110 Map
Keeping Students Healthy
Request for Information (RFI)
School Based Dental Program/Services
March 28th, 2014 4:00 pm
Committed to School Improvement
Nurses are committed to providing important services and information to students, staff, and families within schools. All nurses:
- Provide district and community resources for parents and students.
- Assist staff to make health-related adaptations to school programs.
- Provide health services to all students:
- Conduct grade level health screenings.
- Administer and monitor medication.
- Identify and prevent the spread of disease.
- Help students manage chronic health conditions.
- Promote healthful lifestyle choices.
APS school nurses uniquely enhance the educational process for APS students by using standards/evidence-based practice to help students achieve academic excellence and promote a quality, safe learning and working environment.
National School Nurse Day is Wednesday, May 8.
May 7, 2013
First-time effort yields 84 coats for needy kids.
December 13, 2012
Register through APS Student, Family and Community Supports Department.
September 11, 2012
Remember a few basics for the kids as they head outside to play.
May 22, 2012
Bring donations to school health offices during April to help out
April 17, 2012