Nursing Services Department
School Nurses recognize the connection between health and learning and are committed to improving student health throughout the district.
Keeping Students Healthy
APS school nurses uniquely enhance the educational process for APS students by using standards/evidence based practice to help students achieve academic excellence and promote a quality, safe learning and working environment.
Committed to School Improvement
Nurses are committed to providing important services
and information to students, staff,
and families within schools. All nurses:
- Provide district and community resources for parents and students.
- Assist staff to make health-related adaptations to school programs.
- Provide health services to all students:
- Conduct grade level health screenings.
- Administer and monitor medication.
- Identify and prevent the spread of disease.
- Help students manage chronic health conditions.
- Help students make healthy choices.
First graders in Tonya McCullough's first-grade class at John Baker Elementary demonstrate how handwashing is key to staying healthy.
October 21, 2014
APS nurses remind students and staff to wash their hands on Global Handwashing Day #IWashMyHands
October 13, 2014
See your child’s school nurse if you have questions or concerns
September 16, 2014
Remember a few basics for the kids as they head outside to play.
May 22, 2012