APS Community Clothing Bank
APS is partnering with Goodwill Industries of New Mexico to provide students in need with seasonal outfits three times a year.
The APS Community Clothing Bank is partnering with Goodwill Industries of New Mexico to make sure students in need have clothes, shoes, undergarments and coats so they can focus on learning.
- Students or parents can go to the school counselor, nurse or social work to place an order for new socks, underwear and shoes as well as for a new or slightly used coat.
- The order will be filled by the Clothing Bank, which will work with schools on getting the items to students.
- Students are eligible to receive:
- One pair of shoes per year
- One coat per year
- One package of socks two times a year
- One package of underwear two times a year.
- Students also will receive a certificate for 3 outfits they can pick out at any Goodwill store in Albuquerque. An outfit consists of pants and shirt or a dress.
- Students are eligible to receive 3 certificates a year: once in early fall, once before winter break and once before summer break.
“Thanks to this great, enhanced partnership with Goodwill we’ll be able to serve many more children,” said Sonja Martens, APS Volunteer Programs Manager, estimating that the Clothing Bank will be able to help at least 5,000 students this school year. “When students come to school feeling confident and comfortable, they’re better able to focus on their learning.”
For more information, contact Elizabeth Calhoon at 248-1873 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Elizabeth Calhoon at Elizabeth.Calhoon@aps.edu or 248-1873.
- Donations of new and gently used clothing can be dropped off at bins located at
- The APS Community Clothing Bank
1130 Cardenas Drive SE
- The APS administration building (City Centre)
6400 Uptown Blvd. NE
- Cash and checks for the Clothing Bank may be made to the APS Education Foundation by
- Sending donations to P.O. Box 25704, Albuquerque, 87125. Make checks payable to the APS Education Foundation and designated to the APS Community Clothing Bank.
- Bringing donations to the Foundation’s office at 6400 Uptown NE, Suite 630E
- Donating online at www.apseducationfoundation.org. All monetary donations will be used to pay for new socks, shoes and undergarments given to students.
- Those interested in volunteering for the Clothing Bank can contact Sonja Martens, volunteer programs manager, at Elizabeth.Calhoon@aps.edu or 248-1873.
Goodwill has six locations in Albuquerque: