JF - Student Enrollment Requirements
Upon initial enrollment of a student in the Albuquerque Public Schools, the student and/or parent/legal guardian shall present the student’s birth certificate or other satisfactory evidence of the student’s age to the district.
Upon initial enrollment, the student and/or parent/legal guardian shall provide the district with evidence that the student is in compliance with immunization requirements under New Mexico state statute.
Each year the student and/or parent/legal guardian shall provide evidence of residency within the Albuquerque Public Schools district, to ensure the student attends the school in the attendance boundary area in which they reside. Students who are homeless and are provided protections under federal law shall be required to follow appropriate enrollment procedures as outlined in federal law.
- Assistant Superintendent for School and Community Support
- Director of Student, School and Community Service Center
Legal Cross Ref.:
- §22-8-2 NMSA 1978
- §22-12-2 NMSA 1978
- §24-5-1 NMSA 1978
- §24-5-1 to §24-5-6 NMSA 1978
Board Policy Cross Ref.:
Procedural Directive Cross Ref:
- Immunization: Registration and Enrollment
- Enrollment: Kindergarten and First Grade
- Immigrant Students Regardless of Documented Status
- Student Placement
- Proof of Residency for Annual School Registration
NSBA/NEPN Classification: JF, JLCB