Personal tools

Note: This news item is more than a year old. Browse for more current news.

News from 2020-2021

Posted: March 4, 2021

Thank an EA This Week!

We appreciate our many Educational Assistants.

APS has nearly 1,800 EAs who go above and beyond the job description. Educational Assistant Day was Wednesday, March 4, so please take some time this week to let them know how much you appreciate all they do.

About 80 percent of the EAs in APS work in special education classrooms. The other 20 percent work in kindergarten classrooms, nurse’s offices, libraries and campus security.

In addition to their regular duties on site, EAs frequently fill in where needed at their schools.

"EAs are the unsung heroes of public education, and Albuquerque Public Schools truly values them," said Interim Superintendent Scott Elder. "They know what our students need, where they come from, what their situation is. They have a wealth of information and great knowledge. They develop meaningful relationships with their students and families."

We can learn much from our EAs. They are an invaluable part of our schools. Educational Assistants Day is certainly worth celebrating. But we hope our EAs are appreciated every single day. Thank them for the difference they make in the lives they touch.