Personal tools

Enrollment and Payroll Contributions

To enroll in the 403(b) Plan

If you elect to enroll in the 403(b) Plan, you will first need to select an investment fund vendor and complete any necessary paperwork (or on-line or in-person enrollment) with that vendor.

To locate information about the APS 403(b) Plan:

To set up payroll contributions to your 403(b):

Once you have an account open with your selected investment fund vendor, you will need to enroll either online or by phone.

  1. Visit the Albuquerque Public Schools 403(b) Plan Enrollment page.
  2. Pick your vendor, and click on "Enroll Now".
  3. Enter your Social Security Number (without dashes) and click “Next".
  4. Set up a username, password, and security questions, then enter your personal information and click “Next”.
    • Under the Enter Investments Elections, click the “403b Pretax Deferral” (to set up a pre-tax deferral) or the “403b Roth Deferral” (to set up an after-tax deferral). You will then see all the applicable investment fund vendor names.
      • Scroll down to your investment fund vendor and enter your contribution amount (per pay period deferral amount) in the white box to the right.
      • Click the Authorization checkbox at the bottom of the screen to proceed with your enrollment.
  5. Review and confirm that all information is correct, including your investment fund vendor name and per paycheck deferral amount. Make any needed changes using the Edit buttons, then click “Submit”.
  6. Your six-digit Confirmation Number will be emailed to you. If you do not receive a confirmation email, the election was not finalized.
You may also call TCG Administrators at (800) 943-9179 and they will assist you by phone. 

Enrollment Periods

You may enroll in the 403(b) Plan at any time during the year, and your contributions will start with the first paycheck of the month following the date the APS Employee Benefits Department receives the notification of your enrollment.  (TCG Administrators will notify APS of your enrollment.) 

  • Payroll Department deadlines for summer payroll and prior to winter break may impact this date.
  • Contributions for the 403(b) Plan are taken out of two paychecks per month. 
  • There are no contributions deducted from the third paycheck of any month.

For Questions or More Information

Contact Employee Benefits:

For general questions about the 403(b) Plan, or more information about when your contributions will start, contact Ann Johnson, APS Employee Benefits, at (505) 889-4821 or

Contact TCG Administrators:

To enroll for payroll deductions, change your contribution amount, reset your login credentials, or questions about the distribution form, contact TCG Administrators by phone at (800) 943-9179 or visit the TCG Administrators Website.

Related TCG Links: