School Website Help
Web Team Help
School Loop Help
School Loop also has an internal Help System which you are welcome to use. In there, you’ll find documentation, Frequently Asked Questions, and a Help Ticketing System that's available 24/7/365.
The Web Team is working on a project to unify and standardize all the regular and alternative APS school websites throughout the district. The new websites will enable APS to present a searchable, modern, and familiar online presence for every school in the district.
The school sites will also allow the district to publish important messages and events on every school website, and to make changes to school websites when school personnel are unable to do so.
The Tool: School Loop
School Loop is a content management system that allows administrators, teachers, and staff to easily post and maintain information about their school.
If you’re interested in seeing more School Loop sites, you can view them at http://www.yolo.k12.ca.us/portal/school_list.
Benefits of School Loop
School Loop has many benefits for schools and teachers.
- It’s Free for Schools – Design, migration, training, and technical maintenance of all the school websites is supported by the district.
- Free Teacher Sites – Teachers can create free websites with the ability to post news, assignments, and resources for students and families
- Unified APS School Websites – If principals, technology coordinators, or teachers switch schools within the district, they won’t have to relearn a new tool.
- This also means that tech coordinators can support each other better!
- Emergency News and Weather Delay Notifications – Lockdowns, shelters-in-place, and delay / cancellation notifications are posted on school homepages by the Web Team.
- Google Search / Translate on Every Site – Every site has Google search and translator embedded on every page to help visitors access information quickly.
- District News / Events – News and events from www.aps.edu are automatically fed onto the homepage of every school site so parents can find all their APS information in one place.
- Private School Groups for Staff – Schools can create private groups within School Loop for teachers and staff to share documents, start discussions, and post staff-related events without having to post that information on the public-facing website.
- Consistent, Customizable Layout – All the school websites have consistent, customizable layouts and content elements so parents can easily find the information they need.
- Flexible Functionality: Schools can customize their site template by adding dynamic text, slideshows, photos, videos, news, calendar events, RSS feeds, and classroom assignments.
- Easy Login – Teachers and staff can log into the system from any computer, anywhere.
- Free Support: Your school staff can take advantage of the excellent support built into School Loop and your webmasters can contact the Web Team for training, design changes, or for help making content changes, if needed.