Getting a New School Website
We’re reserving places in each of the project phases for schools that are enthusiastic about being early adopters of the new school website tool.
- Find out more about the migration process
- Browse the completed school websites
- Check the waiting list
Web Team Support
Once the Web Team has launched your site, it will be yours to maintain.
You will, however, have continuous support from the Web Team, if you ever need help.
Fill out our Web Team Help Form.
School Loop Help
School Loop also has an internal Help System which you are welcome to use. In there, you’ll find documentation, Frequently Asked Questions, and a Help Ticketing System that's available 24/7/365.School Loop Help System
The Web Team is working on a project to unify and standardize all the regular and alternative APS school websites throughout the district. The new websites will enable APS to present a searchable, modern, and familiar online presence for every school in the district.
The school sites will also allow the district to publish important messages and events on every school website, and to make changes to school websites when school personnel are unable to do so.
The Tool: School Loop
School Loop is a content management system that allows administrators, teachers, and staff to easily post and maintain information about their school.
If you’re interested in seeing more School Loop sites, you can view them at http://www.yolo.k12.ca.us/portal/school_list.
The school sites project has been split into phases, each including schools that have volunteered to be early adopters.
- Learn more about the Web Team and DIY migrations
- Browse the completed school sites
- Check the waiting list
We’re posting regular updates to the Web Team News folder, if you're interested in tracking the school migration progress.
Benefits of School Loop
School Loop has many benefits for schools and teachers.
- It’s Free for Schools – Design, migration, training, and technical maintenance of all the school websites is supported by the district.
- Free Teacher Sites – Teachers can create free websites with the ability to post news, assignments, and resources for students and families
- One Tool Throughout the District – If principals, technology coordinators, or teachers switch schools within the district, they won’t have to relearn a new tool.
- This also means that tech coordinators can support each other better!
- Emergency News and Weather Delay Notifications – Lockdowns, shelters-in-place, and delay / cancellation notifications are posted on school homepages by the Web Team.
- Google Search / Translate on Every Site – Every site has Google search and translator embedded on every page.
- District News / Events – News and events from www.aps.edu are fed onto the homepage of every school site.
- File Sharing – School staff have the ability to log in and share files with other school staff.
- Consistent, Customizable Layout – All the school websites have consistent, customizable layouts and content elements so parents can easily find the information they need.
- Easy Login – Teachers and staff can log into the system from any computer, anywhere.
- Web Team Support – The Web Team will be available to make changes to the site, if needed.