Note: This news item is more than a year old. Browse for more current news.
Jefferson Middle School Website Launched
Jefferson is the first DIY school to migrate their content into School Loop.
April 11, 2012
The APS Web Team is thrilled to announce that the beautiful, new Jefferson Middle School website is now live!
Jefferson Middle is the first Phase Two school to be migrated into the new district-wide school website system, School Loop. Learn more about this project >>
Perhaps more importantly, it is also the first school to self-migrate into the tool: “tech guy” Blake Learmonth and Business Technology teacher Laurie Harris used a template the Web Team created, and moved the Jefferson Middle School website themselves!
The new site has so many exciting features:
- A search bar at the top of every page
- School news and events prominently displayed on the school homepage, where they’re easy for families to find
- A very informative Academics section, which explains how and why teachers at Eubank teach the way they do
- Classroom pages for many teachers, which will increase communication with students and families (Blake and Laurie are working hard to move each teacher from the old site to the new site – watch their progress as teacher names become links on the Classroom Sites page)
- Automatic district news and events feeds, so that parents can go one place to get the latest information from both their school and the district
- Instant translation of each and every page by clicking on the Translation link at the bottom of the page
- Perhaps most importantly, the ability for school staff to update and improve the site using intuitive, web-based tools
Congratulations and thanks to Ms. Meyer, Blake, and Laurie!