Pages: creating, editing, deleting
- Navigate to the folder you want to add a new page to, and then select Page from the Add New dropdown menu.
- Give your page a Title.
The title will appear at the top of the page and in the navigation.
- Add a Summary, if needed.
- Add text, images, and links in the Body Text. This is the main section of the page.
- When you're done editing content on your page, click Save at the bottom of the screen.
Your New Page Draft
Once your new page draft has been created, you can do one of the following:
- Submit your page to be published on your live site by clicking the State dropdown and selecting Submit for Approval (if you're a contributor) or Publish (if you're an approver). More about publishing to your live site
- If you're done editing your page, but aren't ready to publish you can leave it as a draft (the page name will display in red in the navigation, indicating it's a draft).
- If you decide to delete the drafted page, you can delete it by selecting Delete from the Actions dropdown and clicking Delete on the next page.
- Click the Draft Changes above the title of the page you want to edit; this will create a copy of the live page.
- Edit in the Body Text.
- To add an image, click the Insert Image icon in the Toolbar.
- When you have finished editing, click the Save button at the bottom of your screen.
Your Drafted Changes
Once you saved the draft changes to your page, you can:
- Submit your drafted changes to be approved and published publicly to your site by clicking on the item State and selecting Submit for Approval.
Note: If you are an Approver, you can select Publish from the Status dropdown menu to immediately publish your page. More about publishing to your live site
- If you're done editing the draft, but aren't ready to publish you can save the page and leave it as a draft (the page name will display in red in the navigation, indicating it's a draft).
- If you decide you no longer want to make changes to the live page, you can cancel the draft you've created by selecting Delete This Draft from the item State dropdown and clicking the Cancel Checkout button on the next page.
- From the page, choose Rename from the Actions dropdown.
- In the New Short Name field, type the new name of your page in lower case with hyphens separating each word, like this: new-page-title
- In the New Title field, type the new page name as you'd like it to appear on the screen, like this: New Page Title
- Click Rename All.
Depending on the state of the page you want to delete (read more about item states), you have different options for deleting.
Deleting New Draft Pages
If you decide you no longer want the new page you've created:
- Select Delete from the Actions dropdown.
- On the next screen you will be prompted to confirm your choice. Click Delete to delete your new page draft, or click Cancel to keep the draft.
Deleting Drafted Changes to Live Pages
If you decide you no longer want to make changes to the live page:
- Select Delete This Draft from the item State dropdown.
- On the next screen you will be prompted to confirm your choice. Click the Cancel Checkout to delete the draft you created from the live page, or click Keep Checkout to keep working on your page.
Deleting Live Pages
To permanently delete pages that are published to your live website:
- From the page you want to delete, choose Submit for Deletion from the State dropdown.
- Your page will be submitted to the Web Team to be reviewed and deleted. The item is in Pending Deletion state status (read more about item states).
- You will be contacted by a member of the Web Team when your page is deleted, or with any questions they might have about your request.
Note: You can withdraw a submission for deletion by going to the page and choosing Undo Submit for Deletion from the State dropdown.
There are a number of style options you can use on your pages. Here are some of the more common styles available to you, which can be selected from the style dropdown.
(default style for text)
|Blue right column box|
|Clear right column box|
(similar to image captions)
The default style for the body text area of your page is set to create normal paragraphs, separated each time you hit Enter on your keyboard.
Here are the steps for applying other text styles to your content.
- Type a header.
- Highlight the text and choose Heading from the style dropdown menu.
Hit Enter to return to the Normal Paragraph style.
- Type a subheader.
- Highlight your text and choose Subheading from the style dropdown menu.
- Hit Enter to return to the Normal Paragraph style.
- Highlight the text you want to place inside the highlight box.
- Choose Highlight Box from the style dropdown menu.
Right Column Box (Blue, Clear or Outlined)
- Type the text you’d like to add to a right column box.
- Place your cursor at the end of the sentence, and select the Clear right column or Blue right column style from the style dropdown menu.
- Your text will be moved the right side of your page.
- To add additional text, hit Enter and continue typing.
Note: You can also add photos to right column boxes. When inserting the image, be sure to choose the right-column image size. More about inserting images to pages
- With your mouse cursor, select the text you want to make discreet.
- Choose Discreet from the style dropdown menu.