This documentation is for department website contributors. It is designed to help you create and edit web pages on www.aps.edu using Plone, the tool that runs the district website.
Information about the school websites can be found in the School Sites section.
Welcome to Plone, the new web content management system for the Albuquerque Public Schools website. Plone is an improved application used for creating and editing web pages on www.aps.edu. This guide will assist you with any questions you may have.
If you need help updating your department site, fill out the Get Help from the Web Team form
The Web Team also maintains the staff directory that you see on the public website.
If you need changes made to staff listings or department contact information in the directory, submit those changes to our directory update form.
We've created documentation for you to reference when updating your site:
- Creating and editing pages
- Uploading, inserting, and replacing images
- Uploading, linking to, and replacing files and PDFs
- Inserting internal, external, and email links
The Web Team is here to support you. To ensure that your requests are handled in an efficient and timely manner, we ask that you open a ticket for website requests through the APS Service Desk or by calling (505) 830-8080.
Note: When opening a ticket with the Service Desk, be sure to mention that you're opening a ticket for the Web Team and that you are a website contributor using Plone to maintain your department website.
Tips When Submitting Requests
The more information we have about problems you're encountering or about requests you're submitting, the better we'll be able to help. Here are some things you might want to include in your request.
- Whenever possible, send us the URL or the location of pages you're contacting us about.
- If you encounter an error message, try to include the text of the message when reporting it and try to describe the steps you took before encountering the error.
Web Team Managed Tasks
There are a number of things that the Web Team can help you do on your site (if you need them). Unless otherwise noted, you can request any of the following things by opening a ticket for the Web Team through the APS Service Desk or by calling (505) 830-8080.
- Deleting: delete pages, news items, folders, etc. You can submit a request for deletion to the web team by selecting "Submit for Deletion" from the state dropdown on the item.
- Directory Listings: add and update staff or department contact listings that appear on your department homepage contact box and staff listings page.
- Banner Photos: add or remove images to your department banner at the top of your website.
- Department Name, Title Bar Color, or Logo: change the name of your department, the color of the title bar at the top of your site, or the logo that appears next to your name in the title bar.
- Contributor Logins: add, delete, or modify the accounts for people in your department who have access to update your website.
- Online Forms: create / update / delete interactive online forms.
- Getting News / Events posted on the www.aps.edu Homepage: feature a public event or district-wide news on the www.aps.edu homepage.
- Architecture Changes: move pages into different folders, rename departments / sub-departments, or make any other significant architectural changes to your site.
- Adding Sub-departments: create a new sub-department or program section to your department site.
For additional assistance in updating your website, please open a service ticket for the Web Team through the APS Service Desk or call (505) 830-8080.