Contact the Web Team if you have questions about accessibility or need to report a barrier to accessing content.
Website accessibility aims to make content available to as many users as possible, including users with disabilities, older technology, slower networks, and users of different age groups.
- Audio - audio players should have controls so a user can manage audio levels.
- Color - color should never be used as the only visual means to convey information. For example, a required form field has an asterisk to indicate it's required instead of just having red text.
- Content - all content should be clear, concise, and easy to read. Fonts should be easy to read.
- Data tables - should have proper markup so associations between table elements are communicated to end users using screen readers.
- Document Structure - elements such as lists, headings, and navigation should be maintained so the page can be accessed through keyboard navigation.
- Documents - files such as Microsoft Office documents and PDF's should be accessible.
- Forms - form submit buttons should work correctly; form fields should have descriptive labels; when submitted, the form should provide feedback to the user.
- Images of Text - images of text should be avoided, if possible. Logos are exempt from this guideline. All images should have Alt Text.
- Links - all links should make sense if the link text is read by itself. Phrases like "click here" or "read more" should be avoided.
- Movement - moving, blinking, and scrolling content should give the user control to stop, hide or pause movement.
- Navigation - users should have ways to navigate, find information, and search.
- Text Alternatives - non-text content should have Alt text so screen readers can read the content for the user.
- Transcript/Caption Media - audio and video files should have a text transcript along with the media. Video files should be captioned.
- Video Embed - when embedding a video iframe, add a title attribute. Or type the title of the video above or below the video.
Example: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ABCD" title="Title Example"></iframe>