Tuition, Payment, and Refunds
Tuition information for high school summer extended learning students.
|Tuition For APS Students ||Tuition For Non-APS Students|
|$200.00 for 0.5 credit (1 Semester)||$250.00 for 0.5 credit (1 Semester)|
|$400.00 for 1.0 credit (2 Semesters)||$500.00 for 1.0 credit (2 Semesters)|
There is an additional $25.00 / semester lab fee for in-person Biology, Chemistry, Health, and Physics classes. There are no lab fees for distance education courses.
Tuition and fees must be paid by the first day of the course. Students can submit money order, cashier’s checks, and credit/debit payments to the Summer Programs Office at the Alice and Bruce King Educational Complex, 6400 Uptown Blvd.
Cash payments can be made at any branch of New Mexico Educators FCU.
APS requires a summer school payment voucher to ensure correct summer school enrollment and accountability when making summer school tuition payments through New Mexico Educators FCU.
We apologize for your inconvenience if you were not provided with a voucher. If you need a duplicate voucher, please come to the Summer Programs Office.
Students who do not attend an Albuquerque Public School (i.e., charter schools, private and parochial schools, home schooled) are not eligible for tuition and fee discounts or the Indian Education waiver.
Summer High School tuition and fee discounts, based on income eligibility, are available for APS students only. Applications can be submitted prior to April 19, 2013 (before students register) through the Food and Nutrition Free and Reduced Price Meals page, through Cafeteria Managers at individual schools, or at the APS Food and Nutrition Office. Students who are requesting a partial waiver of tuition must provide verification of enrollment in a free/reduced lunch program.
- Students qualifying for the free lunch program receive a 75% tuition and fee discount
- Students qualifying for the reduced lunch program receive a 50% tuition and fee discount
Students must apply for tuition waivers prior to April 19, 2013.
The SchoolMAX registration process automatically computes the amount of tuition owed, including discount eligibility, thus ensuring more accurate fiscal records and confidentiality of student information.
- Students who qualify for the FRLP free lunch program receive a 75% tuition and fee discount (charged $50 per 0.5 credit hours, lab fee $6.25)
- Students who qualify for the FRLP reduced lunch program receive a 50% tuition and fee discount (charged $100 per 0.5 credit hours, lab fee $12.50).
Indian Education waivers are no longer available. For additional information, please contact APS Indian Education.
Refunds & Payment
Refund requests must be made in person in the Summer Programs Office:
6400 Uptown Blvd. NE
Suite 600 West
A full refund of tuition will be made if a course does not make due to lack of enrollment or if a no show student requests a refund in writing prior to the end of the first week of classes of each summer term.
- There are no cash refunds; refund checks will be sent within six weeks of the request.
- All refund requests must be accompanied with a bank statement or receipt that includes credit card transaction number or money order receipt and the Tuition Refund Request form.
- No shows must withdraw in writing prior to June 11th for Term I classes and prior to July 3rd for Term II classes in order to request a refund.
- All refund decisions are made by Extended Learning staff; Site Administrators cannot authorize refunds regardless of the student’s situation because refunds affect the amount of funding available for the program.