Note: This event occurred in the past. Browse for upcoming events.
Summer School Graduation (Ceremony #1)
Information for the 2013 summer high school commencement.
from 01:30 PM to 02:30 PM
|Where||National Hispanic Cultural Center (Roy E. Disney Performing Arts Center), 1701 4th Street SW|
|Add event to calendar||
Seniors who have been cleared by summer counselors and their home schools to graduate; this may be determined as late as July 26, 2013. If you go through the line and do not have enough credits to graduate, your diploma will be held by your high school until you complete the required credits. Three commencement ceremonies will be held; graduates of particular high schools are assigned to one of the ceremonies, depending upon the number of graduates. Students who have not paid tuition owed for summer school courses cannot participate in the ceremonies.
- Atrisco Heritage Academy High School
- Albuquerque High School
- Bataan Military Academy
- Cibola High School
Monday, July 29, 2013
- Arrive at 11:45 a.m. for rehearsal for the 1:30 p.m. ceremony
You must be there for your rehearsal or you can’t participate in the ceremony.
National Hispanic Cultural Center, Roy E. Disney Performing Arts Center (map)
What to Wear
- Gentlemen wear a white shirt with collar and tie, dark pants (no jeans), dark socks, dark shoes.
- Ladies wear a dress or nice pants, dark shoes with heels that you can walk well in.
Cap and Gown
Go to Campus Specialties, 1529 Eubank NE Ste. B, phone: 275-9357. (In between constitution and Indian School on the west side of Eubank)
They will be open on July 27 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
COST: If you’ve already paid for a gown this spring, they’re holding it for you. If you DID NOT yet pay for one, you need to hustle over there; they have limited sizes and limited “extras” available.
Have $50.00 in cash, money order, or cashier’s check. No personal checks are accepted. You will get a gown in your home school colors.
Who Can Come to the Ceremony
Space is limited—you will need to pick up guest tickets at your designated summer school site on July 23rd and 24th. (Check a summer school counseling office for your designated ticket pick-up site). The number of tickets you receive will be determined by the number of summer graduates participating in each of the ceremonies.
National Hispanic Cultural Center Theatre Rules
- Strollers must be parked in the designated areas in the outer hallways, not in the theatre.
- Celebratory balloons must be held in the designated area in the hallway, not in the theatre.
- No flowers are allowed in the theatre. Flowers will be held for after the ceremony in a designated area in the hallway for your convenience.
- No signs are allowed in the theatre because they block the view for others.
- Saving seats is not permitted. Staff may ask people to move to the center of a row if seating is limited.
- Drinks, gum and food are not permitted in the theatre.
- Audience members are not allowed to stand in the aisle. Everyone must have a designated seat.