Summer School Graduation
APS 2015 Summer High School Commencement:
WHO: Seniors who have been cleared by summer counselors and their home schools to graduate; this may be determined as late as July 27, 2015. Summer High School Counselors review transcripts to determine who has enough credits to graduate. If you do not have enough credits to graduate, you may not walk in the summer school graduation ceremony.
Students who did not attend 2015 APS Summer School may participate in the graduation ceremony. These students must provide proof of graduating and meeting all graduation credit requirements. Please contact the APS Summer School office for more information.
Note: Students will receive a certificate of completion at the ceremony but must go to their home school to pick up their diploma. (Please give schools 3 days after graduation to review transcripts)
- Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2015
- Student Arrival Time: 4:30
- Check In Procedure
- Sign in (name, school)
- Check cell phones, purses etc.…
- Fill out Grad Images card if student has not filled out and turned in prior to ceremony
- Check In Procedure
- *Rehearsal: 5:00-6:30
- Guests Arrive: 6:30-7:00
- Graduation Ceremony: 7:00-8:00
*Students must attend rehearsal. If you arrive just before the 7:00 ceremony and miss the rehearsal, you risk possibly not being allowed to participate in the ceremony. You may need to visit the summer school office the next day to receive your Certificate of Completion. PLEASE BE ON TIME FOR REHEARSAL.
- Kiva Auditorium, Convention Center Address: 401 2nd St NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102 Phone: (505) 768-4575
- Parking available in parking structures for $6 per vehicle
- Gentlemen wear a white shirt with collar and tie, dark pants (no jeans), dark socks, dark shoes.
- Ladies wear a dress or nice pants, dark shoes with heels that you can walk well in.
CAP AND GOWN:
Campus Specialties, 1529 Eubank NE Ste. B, phone: 275-9357. (Between Constitution and Indian School on the west side of Eubank)
· 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. through June 26th, Wednesday through Friday
· 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Saturdays through June 27th
· Campus Specialties are closed Sundays and Mondays, AND CLOSED ALL OF JULY
· EXCEPT they will be open on July 27th from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. & July 28th from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
COST: If you’ve already paid for a gown this spring, they’re holding it for you. If you DID NOT yet pay for one, you need to hustle over there; they have limited sizes and limited “extras” available. Have $55.00 in cash, money order, or cashier’s check. NO PERSONAL CHECKS are accepted. You will get a gown in your home school colors.
WHO CAN ATTEND THE GRADUATION CEREMONY: A predetermined number of tickets will be distributed at each summer school site through counselors to students based on the number of summer graduates participating in the ceremony.
Note: Because space is limited every person will need a seat and therefore a ticket. This also includes infants in carriers/strollers. You may not sit the infant on your lap. EVERY PERSON ATTENDING REQUIRES A SEAT. Carriers and strollers are not allowed in the aisles. These items will be checked in at the door.
The following items will not be permitted into the auditorium for graduation ceremony:
- Food or drinks (including bottled water)
- Noisemakers (whistles, loudspeakers, foghorns, etc.)
- Floral arrangements (Vases, wrapped in paper, etc…)
These items will need to be checked in at one of our tables. Guests wanting to bring bags for diapers, cameras, or medical needs will be searched before entering the building.
Event coordinators will be available at the event to guide guests and answer questions.
Security will be present.