Students & Parents
Students and parents can browse this page for information, links, and other educational resources.
News for Students & Parents
May 27, 2014 - Congratulations to Audrey Thompson, a fifth grader at Arroyo del Oso Elementary School, for being named the Student of the Week by the New Mexico Educators Federal Credit Union and the APS Education Foundation!
May 20, 2014 - Teachers return on Aug. 6. Students on an alternative calendar return July 23.
May 20, 2014 - Read Superintendent Winston Brooks' column that ran in the Albuquerque Journal on Tuesday, May 20.
Volunteer at APS
Parents are a kid's first and most important teachers. Did you know? Parent involvement is closely linked to academic achievement and self-confidence.
Have a positive impact on a child's education. Learn more
New to Town?
Visit our newcomers page, where you'll find information about Albuquerque.
Welcome to military families!
Are you moving to Albuquerque with the military? Please call (505) 855-9040 for special help with enrollment, transfers, and other issues.
Featured VideoManzano Mesa's Homework Diner
Watch this national story by NBC News' Chelsea Clinton on the APS elementary school's successful family program.
Enroll & Transfer
Who to Call
For questions about anything that affects your child
Board of Education
Student Transportation Services
Charter School Information
Contact your child's teacher for:
- Questions or concerns about grades
- Classroom happenings and incidents
- Bullying in the classroom
Contact your child's principal for:
- When you can't talk to the teacher
- Parking lot drop-off questions
- Playground questions
Contact your child's counselor for:
- Friendship and relationship questions
- Information on getting free school supplies
Contact your child's activities director or athletic director for:
- Student club questions, including sponsorship or coaching
- Student eligibility for extracurricular activities
Contact Student Transportation Services for:
- Bus stop questions
- Bus service information
Contact Food and Nutrition Services for:
- Lunch menus
- Free and reduced-price lunches
- Ingredients lists
Contact your School Nurse for:
- Immunization requirements for school attendance
- Medications at school
- Help with health referrals