Sign Up Now for Annual Health Screening
Appointments available on Saturdays at City Centre and also at schools.
August 7, 2014
APS employees and their spouses/partners who have health insurance or who would like to enroll in health insurance through the district will be offered the opportunity to keep premiums down for the fifth straight year by participating in the 2015 Employee Wellness Incentive Program.
Participation is voluntary; however, in order to receive the savings for the new plan year effective January 1, 2015, employees, spouses/partners must complete a biometric health screening and sign a tobacco affidavit by Sept. 30. Dates for Biometric Screenings (appointments are required.)
Biometric Screening Information
- All biometric screenings will be administered by licensed health professionals of HealthAdvocate. Dates for biometric screenings (appointments are required).
- Screenings include a full lipid panel (total cholesterol, HDL, cholesterol ratio, LDL, triglycerides & glucose), blood pressure, and body composition.
- You will need to fast for 8 hours prior to your screening (only water is permitted).
- Screenings are done via finger stick with results received in minutes and the information will be held confidential.
- To be completed during biometric screening
- Deadline is Sept. 30
How to Keep Down Insurance Costs
Step 1: Schedule your free Biometric Health Screening
To schedule your screening appointment:
- Call 1-800-970-1263 between 10 a.m.-5 p.m. If you call outside of business hours, you may leave a voicemail message with your preferred date and time and a representative will contact you the next day to confirm your appointment.
- Go to the WellCall website.
- Create an Account
- Select a Site
- Select “Health Screening” under Select a Service
- Click on a calendar date that is not greyed out
- Select an appointment time
Step 2: The day before your Biometric Screening
- Fast for 8 hours prior to your screening (only water is permitted)
Tobacco Affidavit which indicates tobacco use status (forms will be signed at the biometric screenings)
If you are a tobacco user, you must complete HealthAdvocate's online Tobacco Cessation Program. You must register for the online program no later than two weeks after completing your biometric health screening, or by Sept. 30 in order to complete your coaching program by Dec. 31.
- Go to https://mywellness.healthadvocate.com
- Enter your email address and password. If you forgot your password, click on “Forgot Your Password?” and follow the instructions. If you are a first time visitor, click the register button. Next, enter your company password. Your company password is apswellness. Follow the online instructions and complete the registration process. Once your account has been activated, go to www.mywellcall.com and log in with your email address and password.
- Go to “Health Coaching” on the top of the page and select “Online Coaching Programs”
- Select “Quit Tobacco”
Albuquerque Public Schools will only be provided with confirmation of completion of the biometric screening and tobacco affidavit. Both must be completed to receive your discount. The results of your screening and affidavit will not impact your insurance rates. Results are kept strictly confidential, are not shared with Albuquerque Public Schools, and will not have a negative effect on your medical coverage or costs.
Bruce and Alice King Educational Complex, 6400 Uptown Blvd NE
|Saturday, Aug. 9||6-11 a.m.|
|Saturday, Aug. 16||6-11 a.m.|
|Saturday, Aug. 23||6-11 a.m.|
|Monday-Friday, Aug. 25-29||6-11 a.m.|
|Saturday, Sept. 6||6-11 a.m.|
|Saturday, Sept. 13||6-11 a.m.|
|Saturday, Sept. 20||6-11 a.m.|
|Saturday, Sept. 27||6-11 a.m.|
Maintenance & Operations/Lincoln Complex, 915 Locust SE
|Monday-Friday, Aug. 18-22||6-11 a.m.|
Various School Sites
In September biometric screenings will be done at school sites. The schedule for these appointments is posted at: www.aps.edu/human-resources/benefits.