A revolutionary perspective on education
Join the University of New Mexico and Florida International University for a nine-day trip to Cuba designed specifically with educators in mind to learn about Cuba as a whole, but with an emphasis on understanding and discussing educational practice and philosophy on the island.
The experience kicks off on July 14 with an educational training session in Miami, Fla., led by FIU Cuban Studies experts.
Then participants head to Havana, Cuba, from July 15-23, where they will:
- Meet with grassroots organizations working on literacy, environmental science, and the humanities
- Converse with k-12 teachers and administrators
- Tour university campuses and meet with professors
- Dialogue with community members about the role of society and culture in education.
- Visit museums with stunning collections
- Free evenings to explore
Application deadline is April 14 for educators.
Grant-subsidized program fee of $2,195.