Change Your Password!
All employees must change their APS password by Feb. 1, and every six months after that.
To align with best practices and tighten security, APS user passwords must be changed regularly and must meet strength and complexity standards.
All employees must change their APS password by Feb. 1, 2017.
New Password Requirements
New passwords should contain the following:
1. A minimum length of 8 characters AND
2. Three of the following four elements:
- Uppercase letters (A‐Z)
- Lowercase letters (a‐z)
- Numbers (0-9)
- Symbols (such as @, $, !
3. Passwords CANNOT include first or last names.
How to Reset Your Password
Go to pwreset.aps.edu
- Select Change Password
- Login in with your username and current password
- Type in your new password
- Confirm your new password
What You Need to Know
- Change your password on all devices that require you to sign in for access including WiFi and email on tablets and mobile phones.
- Make the changes anytime between now and the Feb.1 deadline.
- All employees will be required to change their password every six months. \
- Students also will be required to update their passwords.
Employees may attend a Tech Café on Jan. 6 or Jan.13 at the APS administration building, 6400 Uptown Blvd. Computer techs will be on hand to assist with making password changes. Stay tuned for details.
You may also contact the IT Service Desk at http://servicedesk.aps.edu or 830-8080.