Common Core State Standards
Why the Urgency for Developing Common Standards Across the United States?
- Ensuring high standards and equal opportunity for students.
- Designed to connect K-12 standards to the demands of readiness for post-secondary education.
- Address the variation in quality and rigor across the nation.
- Greater focus to give students and teachers more time to master content.
- Internationally benchmarked, ensuring our students are globally competitive.
- Equity: Expectations are consistent for all students.