Title I Homeless Project Needs Your Help
Are you looking for ways to give back this holiday season? The APS Title I Homeless Project has immediate needs for assistance, donations and volunteers.
November 19, 2013
To donate or volunteer, call 256-8239 ext. 0 or email Helen Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Title I Homeless Project webpage for more information on the program.
Immediate donation needs (everything must be new)
- Underwear and socks
- Toiletries/ hygiene products
- Canned goods and other non-perishable food items
- Blankets, quilts, etc (purchased or handmade)
Holiday Donation Ideas*
- Toys, e.g., stuffed animals, dolls, toy cars
- Art supplies
- Books - all ages
- Warm clothing (hats/scarves/gloves, etc)
*We request that the donated items not be too big; our kids are transient and live in small spaces.
Opportunities To Volunteer
- Help on a regular basis in after-school tutoring program (elementary) or lunch program (high school) - once week
- Volunteer to work in our store room filling backpacks, snackpacks, etc.
- Volunteer to help at our HS Career Fair in February
- Hold a drive to collect things in the 'immediate needs' list or from the 'Holiday ideas list'
The APS Title I Homeless Project uses monetary donations to provide meals for tutoring and lunch programs, to pay school fees for homeless kids, to purchase shoes and clothing for students in emergency situations (fires, evictions, etc.), and for other direct support for homeless children and youth.