ALERT:

UPDATE: Lockdown at Jimmy Carter MS - Friday, September 22, 2017 Read More

You are here: Home News Thanks EAs for All You Do
Posted March 4, 2015

Note: This news item is more than a year old. Browse for more current news.

Thanks EAs for All You Do

Wednesday was Educational Assistant Day, but we appreciate our EAs all year long. Read the letter of appreciation Dr. Winter sent to EAs.

Dear Educational Assistants,

The calendar says this day – Wednesday, March 4 – belongs to you, but I don’t think one day is enough to celebrate your profession.

I want to thank you for everything you do. I’ve always thought of our Educational Assistants as our unsung heroes. Because we work in public education, we know of your contributions in our schools, but most people in our community have no idea.

You’re the professionals who make school possible for our thousands of special education students.  In fact, 80 percent of APS’ 2,000 EAs work in special education. The other 20 percent work in kindergarten classrooms, nurse’s offices, libraries and campus security.

Your commitment is inspiring. I’ve watched many of you care for our most vulnerable students with the same patience and empathy you’d extend toward your own family members. I can’t recount all the stories I’ve heard from principals, teachers and families about the difference you’ve made in their lives.

We are all grateful for your service and hope you know how important you are to Albuquerque Public Schools, the students you serve and our community.

Gratefully yours,

Dr. Brad Winter
Interim Superintendent

 

 

Document Actions
Filed under:
News
UPDATE: Lockdown at Jimmy Carter MS - Friday, September 22, 2017
Tools to Connect
In her weekly message, Supt. Reedy writes about the importance of informing and involving families in the academic journey of their children.
Aztec Special Education Complex is One of a Kind
The new facility serves more than half of the state's most severe special needs students and their families.
Student of the Week Presleigh McClintic
Second grader at Osuna Elementary School
Pepsi, Foundation Honor Teachers for 8th Year
The first two recipients for this school year are Julie Huerta of John Baker Elementary and Karan Thorne of Chamiza Elementary.