What bus do I ride?
Type in your address and we can tell you your bus stop, number, pick up and drop off times and route.
Who Can Ride the Bus?
- Elementary school students whose home address is 1 mile or more from school
- Middle school students whose home address is 1.5 miles or more from school
- High school students whose home address is 2 or more miles from school
- APS doesn’t provide school bus transportation for transfer students.
Who Should I Call?
Is your child’s bus late? Not sure where to catch the bus? Do you have concerns about your child’s safety? Questions or complaints about service? Call the APS Student Transportation Office at 880-3989. During peak times, the office receives a high volume of calls. Thanks for your patience.
If this is an emergency (such as an accident, dangerous situation, missing child), call APS Police at 243-7712.
It helps to know your child’s bus number as well as the bus stop location.
- Number of Buses: 394
- Number of APS-operated buses: 150
- Number of Students Transported Daily: 41,627
- Miles Traveled Daily: 31,787
- Number of Bus Stops: 8,599
Bus Riding Tips
- Arrive at the bus stop 10 minutes early.
- Students will be picked up and dropped off only at their assigned stops.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop and the doors are opened before approaching the bus.
- Only students assigned to a bus are allowed to ride it.
- Middle and high school students are required to show their school identification cards upon request.
- Use the handrail. Be careful no clothing or belongings get caught on the handrail.
- Sit in assigned seats facing forward, feet on the floor, and speak in a normal tone of voice.
- Follow the driver's directions.
- The school bus will leave the school bus loading zone seven minutes after the bell rings in the afternoon.
- Be careful in bus loading zones.
- A school bus driver will not stop for students who have missed the bus once it is in motion.
- No glass items, live animals, or dangerous objects will be transported on the school bus.
- Musical instruments exceeding 40 inches in height will not be allowed on the bus.
- Large items may not block the aisle or exits of the bus.