Note: This news item is more than a year old. Browse for more current news.
Graduation Ceremonies for the Class of 2014 Begin Monday, May 12
Atrisco Heritage Academy kicks off the graduations at Tingley Coliseum.
Graduation ceremonies for the Class of 2014 for the 13 Albuquerque Public Schools traditional high schools and seven schools of choice will be held the week of May 12.
All traditional high schools will hold their graduation ceremonies again at Tingley Coliseum. The alternative school graduations will be held at the National Hispanic Cultural Center.
The new dual-credit high school that will open this fall on the CNM campus will graduate its first class at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, May 13.
Atrisco Heritage Academy will kick off the comprehensive high school graduations at 2:30 p.m. Monday, May 12. The first APS school of choice to graduate will be nex+Gen Academy at 1:30 p.m. The Manzano Monarchs will be the final Class of 2014 to get their diplomas at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, May 17.
The 2014 graduation schedule for traditional APS high schools is as follows:
- Monday, May 12: Atrisco Heritage Academy, 2:30 p.m.; Eldorado, 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 13: La Cueva, 2:30 p.m.; Volcano Vista, 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 14: Sandia, 2:30 p.m.; Cibola, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 15: Valley, 2:30 p.m.; Highland, 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 16: West Mesa, 2:30 p.m.; Del Norte, 6:30 .m.
- Saturday, May 17: Albuquerque High, 10:30 a.m.; Rio Grande, 2:30 p.m.; Manzano, 6:30 p.m.
The 2014 graduation schedule for APS schools of choice (alternative schools) is as follows:
- Monday, May 12: nex+Gen Academy, 1:30 p.m.; Transition Services, 4:30 p.m.; School on Wheels, 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 13: College & Career High School, 10:30 a.m.; New Futures, 1:30 p.m.; Freedom High, 4:30 p.m.; Early College Academy, 7:30 p.m.
Graduates of the Career Enrichment Center nursing program will participate in a pinning ceremony at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 8, at the UNM Continuing Education Conference Center.
More information is available at www.aps.edu/schools/graduations.