Does your family qualify for free school meals?
Two thirds of our families do. You can find out by filling out an online application.
School-age children of families that qualify can get free breakfast and lunch during the school day. APS is picking up the tab for families that qualify for the reduced-price meals.
Only one application needs to be filled out for each family.
Qualifying for Free Meals
If any of the following conditions apply to your student, they will most likely qualify for free meals:
- If the student lives in a household that falls within the income limits for free meals.
Federal Eligibility Income Chart for School Year 2016-2017
|for each additional member add:||$7,696||$642||$148|
- If the student lives in a household enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- If the student lives in a household enrolled in Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- If the student is a foster child (regardless of household income)
Additional Benefits of the Program
Under the meal eligibility program, schools can receive Title 1 funding that can be used for:
- Library materials
- School supplies
- Field trips
- Tutoring programs
- Software purchases
In addition to providing free or reduced-price meals for students, qualifying for the national program offers other benefits to families and schools.
By filling out the application, you might become eligible to receive:
- tuition discount (up to 75%)
- tuition discount (contact the )
- tuition discount
- Discounted rates at City of Albuquerque
- Discounts when cats and dogs
Visit our School Meals website for more on qualifying for free meals as well as information on:
- school menus
- meal prices
- paying for meals.