APS Class of 2013 to Graduate Week of May 13
Times at Tingley Coliseum will be an hour earlier than in the past
June 21, 2012
Albuquerque Public Schools has scheduled high school graduations for the class of 2013 during the week of May 13-18. The comprehensive high school graduations will be held at Tingley Coliseum, as they have been for the past few years, but they will start an hour earlier than in the past. Graduations will be at 2:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. during the week and at 10:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Graduation ceremonies for APS schools of choice (alternative and magnet high schools) will be held once again at the National Hispanic Cultural Center. Nex+Gen Academy, an APS technology magnet school, will graduate its first class at 1 p.m. Monday, May 13. It not only will be the first class from nex+Gen to graduate, but also the first APS class of 2013.
APS Associate Supt. Eddie Soto said the change in the times for the graduation ceremonies was made so that school staff could get home earlier after the second ceremony.
The final class to get its diplomas will be from Atrisco Heritage Academy, which holds its ceremony at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, May 18, at Tingley.
The 2013 graduation schedule for traditional APS high schools is as follows:
- Monday, May 13 - Eldorado, 2:30 p.m.; La Cueva, 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 14 - Volcano Vista, 2:30 p.m.; Sandia, 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 15 - Cibola, 2:30 p.m.; Valley, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 16 - Highland, 2:30 p.m.; West Mesa, 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 17 - Del Norte, 2:30 p.m.; Albuquerque High, 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 18 - Rio Grande, 10:30 a.m.; Manzano, 2:30 p.m.; Atrisco Heritage Academy, 6:30 p.m.
The 2013 graduation schedule for the schools of choice is as follows:
- Monday, May 13 - nex+Gen Academy, 1 p.m.; Transition Services, 4 p.m.; School on Wheels, 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 14 - New Futures, 2:30 p.m.; Freedom High School, 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 15 - eCADEMY, 4 p.m.; Early College Academy, 7 p.m.