Note: This news item is more than a year old. Browse for more current news.
APS Board to Take Final Action on 2013-14 Alternative Calendar
The Albuquerque Public Schools Board of Education Policy Committee approved the alternative calendar for the 2013-14 school year. The APS Board of Education is expected to give final approval to the calendar at its regular meeting on Jan. 16.
Schools on the alternative calendar are Mary Ann Binford, Susie Rayos Marmon, Cochiti, Oñate, Mark Twain, Navajo, Duranes and Eugene Field elementary schools.
The first day of school for students attending these schools in 2013-14 will be Tuesday, July 23. Like the students on the traditional calendar, those on the alternative calendar will end the first semester on Friday, Dec. 20, and return from winter break on Monday, Jan. 6. Their last day of school is also Thursday, May 22, with make-up days set for May 23 and May 27-30, if needed.
Other highlights of the alternative calendar are:
- Sept. 2, Labor Day Holiday
- Oct. 10-11, Fall Break
- Oct. 23 to Nov. 5, Intersession, no classes
- Nov. 11, Veterans Day Holiday
- Nov. 27-29, Thanksgiving Holidays
- Dec. 23- Jan. 3, Winter Break
- Jan. 20, Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
- Feb. 17, Presidents’ Day
- April 7-11, Intersession, no classes
- April 14-18, Spring Break
- May 26, Memorial Day