Note: This news item is more than a year old. Browse for more current news.
APS Accepting Applications for School Nurses
Schools are in need of more than a dozen nurses for next school year.
May 22, 2012
APS is in need of more than a dozen school nurses and is accepting applications.
Laura Case, the district’s director of nursing services, said the job is ideal for parents of school-age children because school nurses work when students are in school. Full-time school nurses work six-and-a-half-hour days, 183 days a year, with summers and holidays off.
To apply for a job as a school nurse:
- Go to the APS job listings webpage and fill out an application
- Call Nursing Services at 855-9842 to set up an interview
- Fax a resume to 855-8961 or email it to
- For more information, call Nursing Services at 855-9842.
Qualifications for school nurses include:
- A BSN or bachelor’s degree in a related health field
- Current new Mexico RN license
- Three years of full-time experience in a supervised clinical nursing setting
- Current CPR certification
Preferred areas of experience include:
- School nursing
- Pediatric, hospital or ambulatory care
- Technology dependent care/pediatric ICU
- Emergency room.