All APS Full-Time Employees Must Complete Online Training
Courses are now available on Blackboard and must be completed by Nov. 1.
August 15, 2012
All full-time APS employees are required to complete online training each year. Employees have until Nov. 1 to complete online courses on the following topics:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Civil Rights/Sexual Harassment
- Confidential Information
- Customer Service
- Ethics & Conflict of Interest
- Technology Acceptable Use
- Undocumented Students
Most of the courses are repeated every year. New courses this year are Confidential Information and Customer Service.
The APS Human Resources Department estimates that it takes just over an hour to complete the above courses. Employees may take them during the work day.
In addition, employees who work around students must complete the following online courses:
- Bullying Behavior Prevention
- Child Abuse & Neglect
- Suicide Prevention
- Student Heath
The Bullying Prevention course has been updated and the Student Health course is new this school year.
The training is required by federal and state laws, board policies and/or administrative procedural directives.
Substitute teachers receive the training before they are hired, however they are encouraged to take the online courses. Part-time employees are encouraged but not always required to complete the training, though their supervisors may require it.
The courses are now available. To complete them:
- Go to Blackboard at https://aps.blackboard.com.
- Type in your username (e + your employee ID number). Add leading zeros to make your employee number six digits.
- Your password is your employee ID number. Again, add leading zeros as needed.
- If you cannot login, contact the APS Service Desk at 830-8080.