930-B Oak St. SE
Albuquerque 87106 Map
School libraries help children develop information literacy skills, provide them with equitable access to books and electronic resources, help raise test scores, and encourage lifelong love of reading.
Map to Library Services
Click on the map below to get directions for finding the Oak St. Library Services office during the Lead/Coal construction project.
APS Library Services supports the collection, management, and use of library resources in 137 school libraries and five district libraries.
Library Services offers technical and professional support to school librarians in a wide variety of ways.
- Professional development at large in-services, small training sessions, and one-on-one site visits.
- Technical support for our centrally administrated , the portal to library books, e-books, and research databases.
- Acquisitions, processing, and cataloging support for school libraries.
- Access to high-quality online information for APS students and teachers.
- Procedures, best-practice guides, and how-to sheets to help with common school library situations.
- Help with inventories and other projects.
Library Services News
At the Unified Resources Library, summer school check-outs will begin on Monday, June 2, 2014.
May 12, 2014
Struggling readers and their families are receiving support through targeted activities and events planned to improve reading scores for students and involve families in the process. FLIP, as the program is affectionately known, has varied components to positively impact students and their reading skills. It was funded by Bank of Albuquerque through a Spring 2013 Horizon Grant written by Corrales ES librarian Josephine Darling.
September 30, 2013
Josh Benjamin, Librarian at E.G. Ross Elementary, is the recipient of the Outstanding Elementary School Library award.
February 15, 2013