Tuition Reimbursement Program
University of New Mexico: UNM's Department of Language, Literacy, and Sociocultural Studies offers an endorsement in bilingual education.
New Mexico Highlands University: NMHU offers a minor in bilingual education / TESOL.
The Department of Language and Cultural Equity will provide tuition reimbursement for teachers in a planned program of studies to complete a bilingual or TESOL endorsement.
The Department of Language and Cultural Equity will reimburse teachers up to 12 credit hours per school year. The reimbursement is only available as long as the funds allocated for tuition reimbursement exist. The reimbursement is for tuition only at the current University of New Mexico rate or less, if applicable.
NOTE: Signing a waiver at the Human Resources Department does not automatically ensure tuition reimbursement. You must complete the following procedures.
The Language and Cultural Equity department will reimburse teachers up to 12 credit hours per year. Some other important things to keep in mind:
- Reimbursement is only available as long as the funds allocated for tuition reimbursement exist
- Reimbursement is for tuition only at the current University of new Mexico rate or less, if applicable
How to Apply
Contact the Language and Cultural Equity department at (505) 881-9429 with any questions you might have about applying for the Tuition Reimbursement Program.
Mailing Address for Forms
Language and Cultural Equity
6400 Uptown Blvd NE
City Center, West Tower
Albuquerque, NM 87110
Filling out the tuition reimbursement forms does not guarantee tuition reimbursement. In order to successfully apply for the tuition reimbursement program, following the procedures below.
- Download, print, review, and fill out the entire Tuition Reimbursement Application Packet
- Return the packet to the Language and Cultural Equity department (City Center, 6400 Uptown Blvd. NE, 601-West Tower) before registering for classes.
- Contact a college or university to enroll in classes.
- Register and pay for your courses (keep your payment receipt).
- When you've completed your courses, submit a grade report and your payment receipt to the Language and Cultural Equity department for reimbursement.
- Reimbursements will be processed within 4-6 weeks after you've submitted all your paperwork to the department.