Internal Audit is an independent appraisal office that reviews financial conditions, legal and procedural compliance, internal controls, and conducts investigations and facilitates the whistleblower hotline.
APS has a whistleblower hotline and website.
- APS employees are encouraged to use the district’s anonymous whistleblower hotline to report fraud, waste and abuse of resources. These reports may include any suspected unethical activity personally observed by the individual. The hotline is hosted by a 3rd-party vendor, Ethical Advocate.
- Reports may be submitted via the internet or by using a toll free number. Reports filed through Ethical Advocate are confidential, and are sent to APS Internal Audit for investigation.
- Prior to submitting a report to Ethical Advocate you should make best efforts to resolve a particular issue through the District’s administrative process and/or supervisory management.
Related Policies and Procedural Directives
- Internal Audit Policy
- Internal Audit Procedural Directive
- Whistle Blower Policy
- Whistle Blower Procedural Directive
Looking for Activity Fund information?
Internal Audit Mission and Vision Statement
Internal Audit reviews financial conditions, legal and procedural compliance, internal controls and conducts investigations and facilities the whistleblower hotline.
Our vision is to contribute to Albuquerque Public Schools’ being the premier school district by providing objective assurance and advisory services in the areas of risk, control and business processes; and acting as a change agent in the promotion of best practices throughout APS.
- Review the efficiency and effectiveness of programs;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of financial and administrative processes;
- Conduct audit examinations on financial information in a contemporary and professional manner to express an objective opinion on the quality and integrity of that information.