Information and resources for parents from the Indian Education Department.
How To Have An Effective Indian Parent Committee For Your School District
This PowerPoint presentation was presented at the 41st Annual National Indian Education Association meeting. Download the presentation >>
Parent Resource Book
Each year, the Indian Education Department publishes a resource book for parents.
The 2011-2012 Resource Book includes information on the following:
- Clothing and household items
- Utility assistance
- Veterans information
- Important phone numbers
- Roadrunner referral agencies
- Health care
- Medical and dental healthcare
- Legal services and legal aid resources
Release of Student Information Forms
These forms give APS permission to release student information to the student's pueblo educational departments in order to provide support for the student's achievement and success:
Forms Related to School Funding
- Title VII Student Eligibility Certification: Filling out this form helps schools to determine the number of Indian children enrolled each year so that they can apply for grants under the Indian Education Program.
- Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) Letter: A signed copy of this letter should be submitted to your student's school along with a Certificate of Indian Blood (contact your Tribal Census Department in order to get a copy of your child's CIB); providing these documents helps schools get federal funding for Indian Education programs.