Information and resources for parents from the Indian Education Department.
As a parent, your voice is essential in getting involved with the Indian Education Committee and determining how funding is used to support your children.
- Become informed
- Become aware
- Become empowered
- Be committed
Free Dental Care
The Albuquerque IHS Dental Clinic (AIDC) offers dental care for eligible American Indians and Alaska Natives.
Call AIDC at (505) 346-2306 to make an appointment.
How To Have An Effective Indian Parent Committee For Your School District
This PowerPoint presentation was presented at the 41st Annual National Indian Education Association meeting. Download the presentation >>
Parent Resource Book
Each year, the Indian Education Department publishes a resource book for parents.
The 2016-2017 Resource Book includes information on the following:
- Clothing and household items
- Utility assistance
- Veterans information
- Important phone numbers
- Roadrunner referral agencies
- Health care
- Medical and dental healthcare
- Legal services and legal aid resources
Release of Student Information Forms
These forms give APS permission to release student information to the student's pueblo educational departments in order to provide support for the student's achievement and success:
- Release of Student Information (Isleta Pueblo Truancy Department)
- Release of Student Information (Santa Ana Pueblo Education Department)
- Release of Student Information (Tohajiilee Chapter)
Forms Related to School Funding
- Title VII Student Eligibility Certification: Filling out this form helps schools to determine the number of Indian children enrolled each year so that they can apply for grants under the Indian Education Program.
- Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) Letter: A signed copy of this letter should be submitted to your student's school along with a Certificate of Indian Blood (contact your Tribal Census Department in order to get a copy of your child's CIB); providing these documents helps schools get federal funding for Indian Education programs.