APS promotes continued learning and development of it’s employees by offering tuition reimbursement for appropriate coursework.
Who qualifies for tuition reimbursement?
Tuition reimbursement only applies to Secretarial/Clerical employees and Educational Assistants employed at APS. Courses are only reimbursed if:
- The course was taken at CNM
- The student paid 100% out-of-pocket for all courses
- The student earned a grade of C or better
- The course was taken within the last year
- All the forms are completed and receipts are attached
Employees satisfactorily complete courses from Central New Mexico (CNM) designated as approved segments of the EA Professional Development Program shall be reimbursed the cost of tuition, books and fees for each course successfully completed. For additional questions please refer to your .
- To receive reimbursement, employees must submit receipts for costs and an official school record showing successful completion of the course with a C or better.
- CNM Elementary Education, Early Childhood Courses, and courses related to an employee’s job are eligible for the reimbursement program.
- CNM courses taken for personal enrichment are not eligible for reimbursement.
- If there is a question about a course being eligible for reimbursement, the EA Task Force Committee will review the concern, and determine if the course qualifies for reimbursement.
Secretarial/Clerical Career Ladder Program:
- Employees who satisfactorily complete approved courses as designated in the CLP Program will be reimbursed
for tuition, books and fees not to exceed a total of $200.00 for each course successfully completed.
To receive reimbursement, employees must submit receipts for costs and an official school record/transcript showing successful completion of the course with a C or better.
To submit for a reimbursement, the employee must be working within the “B” Salary Schedule and also mustbe participating and earning credits towards completion of the Career Ladder Program.
- Please refer to your career ladder program handbook for areas of approved study.
What documentation do I need to have?
In order for your request to be processed and paid you must submit the following:
- Official CNM transcripts (unopened)
- Original paid receipts for classes and/or books (paid receipts for classes must be stamped as paid by CNM cashier’s office)
- must be filled out completely
*Note: Please complete a separate form for each semester
Where do I send the documents?
Submit completed forms to:
- Marena Ortiz in the Human Resources Department
- 6400 Uptown Blvd., Suite 200E
- 505-889-4861 or