APS Required Trainings
APS Required Trainings for school year 2013-14 are now available. APS employees must comply with the standards outlined in Federal Laws, State Laws, Board Policies, and Administrative Procedural Directives.
1. Using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari, visit https://aps.blackboard.com
2. Your Username is “e + your employee #” (e199999; add leading zeros to make it a six digit #: e000005)
3. Your Password is one of the following:
- your employee # (add leading zeros to make it a six digit #)
- e + your employee #
- A unique password you created in the Blackboard system
4. Click Logon
5. Click on APS Required Trainings listed under My Courses
6. Click on one of the topics listed in the left column
7. Click to either read the script or watch the video for the topic
8. Click on the Quiz
9. Select Begin
10. Answer each question and click on the > to move to the next question
11. After the last question click Save and Submit
12. If you score an 80% or better than you are finished with that topic
13. You may retake a quiz if necessary
- All current employees are enrolled in the blackboard course titled APS Required Trainings.
- Full-time employees must retake these trainings every year.
- Substitute teachers receive training prior to hire through Sub Hub, however substitutes are encouraged to complete these trainings.
- Part-time hourly employees are encouraged to complete these trainings. (Site supervisors may choose to require it for their part-time hourly employees)
The trainings are divided into categories:
1. ALL Employees (required for all employees)
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Civil Rights/Sexual Harassment
- Confidential Information
- Customer Service
- Employee Regulations (new)
- Ethics & Conflict of Interest
- Technology Acceptable Use (updated)
- Undocumented Students
2. Employees working around students (required for employees that work with and/or around students)
- Bullying Behavior Prevention (updated)
- Child Abuse & Neglect
- Suicide Prevention
- Student Health Concerns (updated)
Courses must be completed by January 6, 2014 or 40 working days after your start date (for New Employees, Rehires and employees coming back from a Leave of Absence).