You are here: Home Human Resources PAR (Peer Assistance and Review) Volunteer Teachers

Volunteer Teachers

Request a Volunteer Application

Please contact the union at 262-2657 or the Mentor Program Liaison at 253-0335 ext. 67055 and request a volunteer application.

You will be notified that your application has been received.  After your application has been approved, a CT will contact you directly within a week.

Indicators that a teacher needs assistance

Below is a list of statements that apply to teachers who are struggling to complete the responsibilities that come with teaching.

  • I don’t plan and/or prepare for instruction
  • I struggle with lesson planning
  • I have inadequate content knowledge to teach my students the required topics
  • I have serious discipline and classroom management problems
  • I write more student referrals than my colleagues
  • I have frequent conflicts with students
  • I lack instructional strategies (I lecture often, and usually do not put students in groups for learning purposes.)
  • My lessons do not hold student interest during activities
  • I have difficulty differentiating instruction
  • I do not align assessment tools and strategies
  • I have trouble with organization and managing day to day job requirements
  • I have difficulty communicating with colleagues, parents, and students about progress and learning needs

If you answered yes to several of these, you may need assistance from a PAR Consulting Teacher (CT). PAR CTs work with teachers who are interested in becoming better instructors through a confidential partnership.  When a teacher volunteers for PAR support, a Needs Assessment is created to focus the CT/teacher collaboration.  The work is between the CT and teacher.  There is no principal notification or PAR Panel reporting.


Document Actions
Human Resources News
2017 Switch/Open Enrollment Information
There are significant changes to the Medical Plan for 2017. Please read carefully the summary of medical plan benefits. We encourage you to be certain that you understand how the 2017 medical plan will work. Come to switch/open enrollment and the health fair to have your questions answered by our medical carriers.