Please contact the union at 262-2657 or the Mentor Program Liaison at 253-0335 ext. 67055 and request a volunteer application.
You will be notified that your application has been received. After your application has been approved, a CT will contact you directly within a week.
Below is a list of statements that apply to teachers who are struggling to complete the responsibilities that come with teaching.
- I don’t plan and/or prepare for instruction
- I struggle with lesson planning
- I have inadequate content knowledge to teach my students the required topics
- I have serious discipline and classroom management problems
- I write more student referrals than my colleagues
- I have frequent conflicts with students
- I lack instructional strategies (I lecture often, and usually do not put students in groups for learning purposes.)
- My lessons do not hold student interest during activities
- I have difficulty differentiating instruction
- I do not align assessment tools and strategies
- I have trouble with organization and managing day to day job requirements
- I have difficulty communicating with colleagues, parents, and students about progress and learning needs
If you answered yes to several of these, you may need assistance from a PAR Consulting Teacher (CT). PAR CTs work with teachers who are interested in becoming better instructors through a confidential partnership. When a teacher volunteers for PAR support, a Needs Assessment is created to focus the CT/teacher collaboration. The work is between the CT and teacher. There is no principal notification or PAR Panel reporting.