Agree to Take Trainings
These trainings and courses are required for new APS employees.
Federal, State, and District mandates require that training be provide for a variety of topics. The type of work you do determines the courses you are required to complete. Your signature on the verifies that you promise to complete the appropriate trainings within the mandated time period for each training/course.
Preview the offered trainings and their requirements.
Sign the Accountability Form to agree to complete the trainings required for your position.
APS Required Trainings
This is an online course required for all employees. The course contains a number of trainings. You must complete the trainings required for the type of work you do. The course will be available to you after you officially start working. APS Required Trainings explanation and directions
Alternative Language Services Training
This training is conducted by Language and Cultural Equity. The requirement is the result of an Office for Civil Rights finding that LEP students in APS were not afforded equal access to education and mandated employees complete training. Language and Cultural Equity website
- Administrators are trained to manage Alternative Language Services
- Certified staff are trained to teach English Language Learners (Limited English Proficient (LEP) Students)
- Classified staff are trained to work with LEP students and their families
- Employees must complete this training within their first year of hire
- A record will be archived in the APS employee database system indicating the completed training
Risk Management Trainings
The Risk Management trainings are designed to provide safety guidelines and training to prevent accidental losses and minimize disruption to the learning environment. Risk Management Trainings explanation and directions
Other Trainings Available
Find out about other trainings available to APS employees. Training Resource Center