Dossier Process for Teachers
Other Great Resources
Please direct questions to the Staffing Consultants listed below:
Regular Education High School and Middle School:
- Jennifer Mackey, email@example.com, 889-4873
- Carlos Garcia, firstname.lastname@example.org, 889-4825
- Diana Dorland, email@example.com, 889-4824
Regular Education Elementary School:
- Bob Hennig, firstname.lastname@example.org, 889-4829
- Louise Branch, email@example.com, 889-4827
- Lynda Olson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 889-4828
Special Education All Levels:
Professional Development Dossier Approval / Verification Process
Licensure Advancement Only*
- Teacher must have three (3) full school years of teaching experience (480 days as the teacher of record) at the current level of licensure (Level 1 or Level 2) with successful annual evaluations and:
This is found in the State of NM Statutes:
AA. “teacher” means a person who holds a level one, two, or three-A license and whose primary duty is classroom instruction or the supervision, below the school principal level, of an instructional program or whose duties include curriculum development, peer intervention, peer coaching or mentoring or serving as a resource teacher for other teachers
- If you are a Level 1 teacher wanting to advance to Level 2 you must have completed the mentorship requirement for beginning teachers or:
- If you are a Level 2 teacher wanting to advance to Level 3 you must hold a post-baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university or hold certification from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards*.
*If you hold certification from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, you may submit this certification in lieu of a Dossier. You must still meet the requirements in 1 and 2 above.
If the teacher meets the eligibility requirements above then follow the process below:
- Teacher submits Strands A, B, and C electronically to the Dossier Review Committee. (See Teachnm.org for templates and submission process)
- Teacher notifies APS Human Resources that strands A, B, and C are submitted. The teacher will notify the appropriate staffing consultant by e-mail. The teacher must include the following information in the e-mail:
- Licensure #
- Employee #
Staffing Consultants are listed below:
Regular Education High School:
Regular Education Middle School:
Same as above for Regular Education High School
Regular Education Elementary School:
Special Education All Levels::
Please only notify one consultant so as to avoid duplication of work.
Do not FAX or e-mail the Principal Verification Form.
Useful tips and things to consider:
- Notify your principal/assistant principal at the beginning of the year if you plan on doing a dossier. Also let him/her know which submission date you will submit.
- Complete a “Declaration of Intent to Submit Dossier” form at the beginning of the year. (They are available in Human Resources, at the Union Office, and on the APS intranet.)
- Teaching on a waiver or any substandard license does not count towards teaching experience for a dossier.
- Substitute teaching does not count towards teaching experience for a dossier.
- You must have taught (been the official teacher of record) for 3 full years (at least 480 instructional days as teacher of record) at your current level of licensure to be eligible.
- You must bring in five (5) forms for strands D and E. (Principal Verification Form, PDP-3 forms, and either a Summative Evaluation form if you’re level 1 or a Progressive Documentation of Teacher Performance form if you’re level 2). Bring the forms to the meeting with your Human Resources Staffing Consultant. Schedule your meeting with the Staffing Consultant by electronic mail.
If you wish to read the actual rules for the Professional Development Dossier go to:
- www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/nmac/_title06/title06.htm (there is an underscore between nmac/ and title06)
- Scroll to Chapter 60
- Click on SCHOOL PERSONNEL-GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Scroll to 6.60.6 NMAC
- Click on CONTINUING LICENSURE FOR LICENSED EDUCATORS IN NEW MEXICO
- Scroll to 184.108.40.206 – REQUIREMENTS FOR ADVANCEMENT AND RENEWAL OF TEACHING LICENSES AFTER JUNE 30, 2004. All the information is contained in this section.