Background Checks for Prospective Volunteers
Background Checks for Potential Volunteers
Background checks for potential volunteers are based on database searches of criminal records, Departments of Correction records, sex offender registries, and driving records. Volunteers are authorized based on satisfactory background check results and principal approvals.
To apply to volunteer and complete your background check, follow these steps:
- Obtain a Volunteer Confidentiality Form and get your school Principal’s signature verifying the request. (Spanish version: Acuerdo Sobre La Inforacion Confidencial Del Voluntario)
- Produce this form along with a picture ID and a $12.00 cashier's check, money order, or credit card (no personal checks or cash) to the Background & Fingerprinting Office.
- The clearance will be mailed directly to the school site.
- Volunteers who have cleared their background check will receive a volunteer card distributed by the school.
- Volunteers will be required to present this card each time they volunteer for a school activity.
Learn more about volunteering in schools >>