Welcome to the Albuquerque Public Schools Fine Arts Program!
We provide a comprehensive program of fine arts education, K – 12, designed to make a significant contribution to student learning and personal growth.
In our 90 elementary schools, we:
- Provide direct instruction in music and visual arts to all students.
- Hire, supervise, and provide professional development for certified art and music teachers.
- Provide consumable supplies and equipment for arts instruction at no cost to schools.
- Provide professional development for classroom teachers.
- Work with community groups to coordinate annual district-wide arts events, including NM Symphony Orchestra concerts & programs; Santa Fe Opera Apprentice Tour Performances; Popejoy Hall Schooltime Series; UNM Music Prep School & many others.
- Coordinate “Art is Elementary,” the annual district exhibit of elementary art; the annual fourth and fifth grade elementary Honor Choir concerts; and the APS art exhibit at the NM State Fair.
- Provide advocacy at the local and state levels for the advancement of arts education.
In our 27 middle schools and 13 high schools, we:
- Work with Human Resources to staff band, chorus and orchestra positions.
- Fund bus transportation for high school bands to perform at home football games.
- Coordinate and review bids for replacement of worn and non-repairable school instruments.
- Coordinate or assist with district music, art, photography and drama festivals.
Throughout the district, we:
- Oversee the ARTS Center, a library of arts-related resources and a professional development resource for any APS staff member in the areas of art, music, dance, drama, and literature.
- Oversee the Music Instrument Repair Department technicians, who repair and maintain all music instruments for middle school and high school music programs.
- Produce FAN Fare, the Fine Arts program quarterly newsletter.
|Alan Lambert||Director of Fine Arts||(505) 880-8249 ext. email@example.com|
|Denise Rudd||Elementary Visual Arts Manager||(505) 880-8249 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gina Rasinski||Elementary Music Manager||(505) 880-8249 ext. email@example.com|
|Ann Blankenship||Secondary Art/Drama Manager||(505) 880-8249 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rosemary Fessinger||Elementary Music Resource Teacher||(505) 880-8249 ext. email@example.com|
|Cinamon Gentry||Elementary Art Resource Teacher||(505) 880-8249 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|TBA||Inventory Tech||(505) 880-8249 ext. 88036|
|Dionne Sanchez||Inventory Tech||(505) 880-8249 ext. email@example.com|
|Bernadette Madrid Aragon||Secretary||(505) 880-8249 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Carla Haynes||Music Resource Teacher||(505) 880-8249 ext. email@example.com|
|Rosy Poling||Visual Arts Resource Teacher||(505) 880-8249 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Karen Price||Dance Resource Teacher||(505) 880-8249 ext. email@example.com|
|Catherine Cunningham||Music & Instrument Repair - String Specialist||(505) 765-5950 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jim Hopkins||Music & Instrument Repair - Wind, Brass, Percussion Specialist||(505) 765-5950 ext. email@example.com|