Note: This event occurred in the past. Browse for upcoming events.
Project SEARCH Open House and Information Sessions
The program that provides real-life work experience for young adults with disabilities is holding informational meetings in January.
Jan 14, 2016 07:00 PM
|Contact Phone||505‐872‐6800 ext. 0|
|Add event to calendar||
We are happy to announce that Project SEARCH is expanding in the Albuquerque metro area for the 2016-2017 school year. Interested candidates will have an opportunity to apply to the UNM Hospital and/or Embassy Suites Hotel Project SEARCH program.
Project SEARCH is an internationally recognized employment training program for young adults with unique disabilities. There will be two Project SEARCH Open Houses in January. Join us to learn about the application process and worksite culture at each host business by attending one or both events.
Embassy Suites Project Search Open House
Wednesday, Jan. 13, 6-7 p.m. in the La Ventana Ballroom, 1000 Woodward Pl. NE
Why this program is beneficial:
- 10% of Americans have some sort of disability
- Average employment rate for persons with disabilities is under 39%
- Project SEARCH’s success rate for employment is 30+% higher than the national average
- Project SEARCH combines the talent and resources of many organizations to provide the interns with the best and most comprehensive support possible
Project SEARCH basic criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old and have completed all high school graduation requirements
- Be committed to working competitively in an integrated setting for 16 or more hours
- Be on a Medicaid waiver registry or fully funded (e.g. DD and MiVia).
- Meet eligibility requirements for vocational rehabilitation services (DVR)
- Be willing to assign Social Security Ticket to Work to Best Buddies Jobs Program
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Be committed to independent travel to and from the work site
- Have previous successful experience in a work environment
- Pass a drug screen and felony check
- Abide by business dress code and have independent hygiene and grooming skills