The best kids in Albuquerque live next door, participate in school activities and volunteer to help their classmates, parents, family members and community. You can honor them by submitting a Selfless Senior nomination.
Some of Albuquerque Public Schools most giving students – kids who believe in family, community and education – are being honored this year as part of the APS Education Foundation’s Selfless Seniors program.
Selfless Seniors, sponsored by the Foundation and noted Albuquerque photographer Frank Frost, honors high school seniors who are giving back to their communities, often without being recognized for their efforts.
“This is the sixth class of Selfless Seniors and I say with certainty that we’ve never had more depth in our nominations,” said Foundation Executive Director Phill Casaus. “Many of these students have rich stories of contributions to the world around them. It’s an honor to be part of that.”
2013 Selfless Seniors Reception
3:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 27
Email>> or call 505-881-0841
The 2013 class of Selfless Seniors will be honored on March 27 at 3:30 p.m. in the Del Norte High School gymnasium.
Frost, a West Mesa High School graduate who helped devise the program as a way to honor great students, donates his time and talents to create photographic portraits of each student, then puts together large poster boards with all the students’ photos. Those portraits are seen at all APS high schools, the Albuquerque International Sunport and local businesses throughout the city.
A community committee selected this year’s honorees from nominations sent to the Foundation this fall.
2013 Selfless Seniors
- Matthew Lowrance, Margaret McGovney and Chelsea Otterness of Albuquerque High
- Vivianne Gonzalez, Dominic Marquez and Alex Trujillo-Romero of Atrisco Heritage Academy
- Ricky Garcia of Cibola
- Corinne Foskey of Del Norte
- Laverne Johnson of Freedom
- Heather Rooke of Nex+Gen Academy
- Haley Davisson and Annie Majewski of Eldorado
- Karina Ayala Lugo and Di-Linh Hoang of Highland
- Andrew Lopez and Brad Wible of La Cueva
- Kirstie Lopez of Manzano
- Jonah Fernandez and Medea Hill of Rio Grande
- Valeria Ojeda and Brandon Padilla of Sandia
- Brianna Andolina and Jessica Montano of Valley
- Christopher Carrica, Gregory Corkern and Nikkie Duran of Volcano Vista
- Cristina Campa and Carlos Vargas of West Mesa.