Teachers Donate Artwork to Benefit APS Fine Arts Program & the APS Education Foundation
10 teacher-created pieces will be featured at Friday’s A is for Art! at the Albuquerque Museum
September 27, 2012
Among the nearly 200 pieces of art that will be auctioned at A is for Art! this Friday are a handful created by Albuquerque Public Schools high school art and photography teachers.
The teachers generously donated their artwork to benefit the APS Fine Arts Program and the APS Education Foundation. The third annual gala will be held from 6-9 p.m. Friday at the Albuquerque Museum.
The teacher-created pieces include:
- A painting by Ray DiGreco of Sandia High
- A watercolor by Cate Eaves of Albuquerque High
- A digital collage by Lisa Gillette of Albuquerque High
- A photograph by Perry Heimer of Manzano High
- A photography by Sarah McHaffie of Cibola High
- A photograph by David Ondrik of La Cueva High
- A painting by Peggy Trigg of Volcano Vista High
- Two ceramic pieces by Margie Weinstein of Sandia High
- A ceramic piece by Mark Woody of West Mesa High and
- A photograph by Albert Martinez of Rio Grande High.
Martinez’s photograph of Albuquerque boxer Johnny Tapia, titled “Johnny Angel,” is expected to create a buzz as are several of the other beautiful pieces that will be featured.
Tickets are $25, $10 for students and available at the door.